Rose water is a very beneficial natural ingredient that unfortunately is often overlooked when it comes to seeking out natural remedies for skin care. It contains high levels of vitamins A and C to help keep the skin looking and feeling healthy and because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties it will help to rejuvenate, repair, and rehydrate your skin giving you back that natural glowing complexion.
Benefits of Rose Water
- Suitable for all types of skin
- Balances and tones oily skin
- Soothes and cools sensitive skin
- Purifies and cleanses normal skin
- Tones and rejuvenates matured skin
- Purifying, harmonizing, toning and cooling
- Soothes irritated skin
- Soothes sunburn and helps heal wounds
How To Make A Rose Water Cleanser and TonerRose water is a natural astringent which helps to cleanse the skin, tighten pores, and help minimize wrinkles, reduce fine lines, and treat inflammation. Apply a few drops of rose water to cotton wool or make-up pad, cleanse and tone face as normal. You can also use rose water as a face spritzer after you have applied your make-up. This will help set your make-up and give your skin a healthy glow.
Rose Water MoisturizerRose water is suitable as a moisturizer for all skin types as it maintains the PH levels in the skin, and because of its anti-bacterial qualities it will help fight off any skin infections or disease. Apply a few drops of rose water to your typical moisturizer and combine well.
Rose Water For Sunburn and Insect BitesRose water contains powerful healing properties and can help to heal small wounds and minimize and prevent scarring. You can also apply rose water to soothe sunburn and insects bites, reduce inflammation and prevent blisters. Place rose water into refrigerator and cool, spray directly on affected area.
How To Make Rose WaterHere’s a fantastic rose water recipe that will work wonders for your face and skin.
- Trim the rose flowers removing leaves and stems
- Place rose petals in a large pot and just cover with water
- Gently simmer for approximately 10-20 minutes
- Strain into container
- Allow to cool and refrigerate for several days
- 1/2 cup rose water
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 1 drop lavender oil
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel